Pexels Gül Işık 2333332


Foreign Ownership – Owning Property in Australia

If you are a foreign person or are a trustee of a foreign trust, before buying a property in Australia you may need to: obtain a notification from the Foreign Investment Review Board (‘FIRB’) under the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975 (Cth) (‘FAATA’) that...Read More

Overview of the Litigation Process

Litigation is a formal and contentious process, usually takes place in a court room, presided by a judge and without a jury. The steps involved in litigation typically include the following: Commencement pleadings: this involves the filing of a statement of claim or...Read More

Assessing Eligibility for a Partner Visa in Australia

A visa is a form of permission for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in a particular country. In Australia, a partner visa offers a pathway for individuals to join their partners and establish a life together in this country. This visa category recognises and...Read More